Thursday 20 March 2014

So only 9 weeks to go!!



So start off the blog with an update from life! Went for a swim on Wednesday night in Westwood leopardstown. The jeep I drive has been broken into many times so I generally don't leave anything in it but I was coming back from work and had my laptop with me. I thought it was safer in the secured carpark than bringing it in to the changing room with me. Unfortunatley not. Some Bastids got in and took the laptop. I had a lot of useful information on it as well which makes it even more frustrating. However life goes on. Anyone offers you a macbook Air with 13" screen let me know.

Training wise the last 10 days have been pretty good. Following this program gives me a real insight into how those guys who are pretty serious train. I'm not really 100% sure my body would be able to hold up to this volume of training on a regular basis. I feel pretty wrecked but I suppose it's a bit like cramming for the leaving cert at this stage. It probably explains why a lot of people tend to come into the sport of Triathlon for 3-6 years then leave often coming back again. I feel you lose the enjoyment out of it if you train 10+ hours a week. Maybe that's just me.

Comparing figures to last year since I started this program I have already this month only on 20th over reached my running totals for last March. I've almost hit my bike totals and will by the time the month is out. The only thing i'm actually down on last month is my swimming but that's to be expected last year I was in the pool 4-5 times a week coming towards the end of it.

Starting to look forward to lanza now as the chances of finishing it are getting better. I think last month if you had of dropped me onto the course i would have quit around 120k into the bike. Now I think I might get a bit further and i've still 9 weeks to get a bit fitter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment