Tuesday 11 March 2014



10 Weeks out from Ironman.

So I did my first week of the training plan. Again first time actually following a plan. It made training a bit more interesting. Most of my runs would be for example 50 minute run and i'd do it at my own pace not too hard not too easy. This time I had to do 6 5minute hill repeats, I really enjoyed it. Of course it was hard but the time flew by and it was great crack. I did them up in Glen Of The Downs woods where I used to train years ago during off season in Rugby when I was actually pretty fit, so it was great to be back up there.

Didn't do a huge amount of swimming this week. I suppose I'm not really too worried about the swim this year. I'm not going to chase sub 60 as I gave that a real crack last year and didn't do it so I reckon with a little bit of training I'll still get out of the water in under 75 minutes. The big difference that i'm hoping to make this year is to knock at least an hour off my overall time. The obvious target is the run at it took me 5hours 50mins there's a lot of room for improvement there. I'm not sure I can go much faster on the bike course it's not made for someone as big as me!!

So I managed 4 runs this week and 3 bikes it's possibly been my best week ever. I was supposed to run for 2:30 on Sunday but I got back to the car after 2 hours and couldn't get going again once I stopped. This week I'm supposed to do an "Ironman Day". It involves a 3k swim and then stay off your feet for at least 90 minutes get on the bike for 5 hours then off your feet for 90 minutes and a 2 hour 30minute run. It might break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment