Saturday 12 October 2013

Dublin City Marathon.

So the next big thing for me is Dublin City Marathon. I had my 10k swim at the end of September so more or less dropped everything trying to get the mileage up for this. I still ran once a week in September but swam three or four times to try and get the mileage up. So as soon as the swim was over I concentrated on the running. I tried a couple of long runs and ended up getting the bus back on some of them. Eventually I got out and Did a 30k run with Rodolfo, which was great to get under the belt before the marathon. Then the same week I did another 30k run so very happy about that.

I'll taper off the running now in an attempt to get energy levels back up for the marathon. I might get back into the pool a bit and try and get the swimming back again whilst I'm tapering.

Heres a nice picture Andrew Cromein took of me doing the 10k swim.


No comments:

Post a Comment