Thursday 3 October 2013

1st Post setting the agenda.

The last blog I did was purely focused on completing Ironman Lanzarote. So with this new blog i'm not going to concentrate on one particular thing. It's going to be a blog mostly about Triathlons and possibly a bit of Crossfit which I've just started doing in Crossfit Bray with Stephen Kinsella.

As Ray Darcy would say "I played a bit of Rugby" in School and for most of my 20's since then i've struggled along doing Triathlons. Biggest problem has always been my build at 90kgs most of the time i'm heavy as Triathletes go, and having done 2 months of Crossfit i'm after just realising i'm not as strong as I thought I was!!

So my training is very very hap hazard I have two young kids and a lovely wife and try and fit it all around working in Amphibian King so generally training takes third place to the other things in my life. I only do training I like doing as I don't see the point in people doing all these events and not enjoying them, at the end of the day 99.9% of us are never going to make a living out of it so if your not enjoying it why do it?

I'm planning on doing the Dublin City Marathon at the end of this month. I only really started training last week as I was training for a big 10k open sea swim and that took up all my time. I'm thinking about possibly doing another Ironman at some stage but I suppose at the moment the big thing i'm toying with is swimming the English Channel in 2015 although I have yet to fully commit to this challenge i'm still researching it.


So training this week involved building up my run mileage to 23 kilometers, I know this seems very low for the seasoned marathon runners out there but like I said I started late. Hopefully I'll be updating this next week saying I've done 30k run!!

Till next time,

Damo.

No comments:

Post a Comment